What is a game cache and what is it for?
The cache is a special file that stores the resources necessary for the correct operation of the game: object textures, cinematics, images, etc. Developers create a cache for their applications so that large files do not take up too much space on the device's internal memory. If on the page with the game you see a link to download the cache, be sure to download and install it, otherwise the game will not work.
Where should the game cache files be located?
In most cases, the game cache should be placed in the Android / obb or sdcard / Android / obb folder. Some developers put the cache in other folders, for example:
For your convenience, on the game page we indicate the folder where there is a cache, see the note under the link to the cache file.
- sdcard / gameloft / games - games from Gameloft
- sdcard / glu - games from Glu
- sdcard / Android / data - games from Electronic Arts and some other developers.
How to install a game with a cache correctly?
To install a game with a cache on your device, use any file manager. Below we provide instructions for the popular ES-explorer
, in other programs all actions are similar. There is an alternative option: download the necessary files to your computer, and then put the cache in the desired folder by connecting the device to the PC using a USB cable.
Installing cash games using ES Explorer or similar program (details).
- Download and install ES File Explorer if you don't have one.
- Download the .apk file and cache for the game you want to install.
- Launch ES File Explorer, in the upper left corner, click the three bars that open the application menu.
- Select Downloads. Here you will see the previously downloaded files - .apk and archive with the cache.
- Install the .apk by clicking on the file and choosing Install. Do not launch the game after the installation is complete.
- Click on the archive and select "Unpack".
- Specify the folder where you want to unzip the archive, for example, Android / obb, then click extract.
- As a result, a separate folder should appear in the Android / obb folder, the name of which begins with com., and in it - the .obb file with the game cache.
- Start the installed game. If done correctly, you should be able to enjoy the gameplay.
Install games downloaded to your computer.
- Download the .apk file and game cache to your PC.
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable. Immediately after connecting, the device will ask you to select an operation mode, select "USB storage", "File transfer" or the like.
- A new local disk should appear on your computer - this is the phone memory.
- For convenience, copy the .apk file directly to this local drive.
- Unzip the cache and copy the folder starting with com. to the Android / obb folder in the phone memory (or another, if required).
- Install the copied .apk by running it on your phone.
- Start the game. If done correctly, it will work as expected.